COVID-19 has changed everything, including our working habits. The pandemic moved most of the workforce into their homes, and organizations started working remotely. Now, in 2023, even as the pandemic
COVID-19 has changed everything, including our working habits. The pandemic moved most of the workforce into their homes, and organizations started working remotely. Now, in 2023, even as the pandemic has subsided, Work From Home (WFH as it is often called) has become a common way of working after seeing its positive effects on employees.
However, this shift is not a celebration and joy for everyone. Because of the remote nature of the work, attention to the health and lifestyle of employees, already suffering in this fast-paced era, has taken a toll.
Constantly sitting in chairs and working at desks take a heavy toll on lumbar health and compromise healthy posture. These problems are recognized, and many gadgets and solutions support a healthy approach to working from home. One of these is adding a standing desk to your setup.
- What are adjustable standing desks?
- How to choose the best standing desk?
- List of Best Adjustable Standing Desk
- FLEXISPOT EC1 Essential Adjustable Desk
- FLEXISPOT EC1 Electric White Standing Desk
- SHW Memory Preset Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk
- FEZIBO 55 x 24 Inches Standing Desk with Drawer
- Autonomous Edition Smart Hybrid Dual Motor Electric Standing Desk
- Fully Jarvis Standing Desk 48″ x 30″ Natural Bamboo Top
- Tangkula Rolling Standing Desk Stand-Up Desk with Dual Modes
- Techni Mobili Sit-to-Stand Rolling Adjustable Storage Medical Laptop Computer Cart
- Stand Steady X-Elite Pro
- Benefits of Adjustable Standing Desk
- Frequently Asked Questions
What are adjustable standing desks?
A standing desk is specially designed to allow you to work while standing or sitting at a much higher level than a regular desk. Standing desks are healthier for someone who spends a lot of time at a desk, as they are more conducive to good posture and lumbar health.
Standing desks are also height-adjustable, so the desk’s height can be adjusted. Some manufacturers even offer a remote control desk that can change the height at the touch of a button.
Setting up a standing desk can have long-term health benefits. You can choose the best adjustable standing desks from the below-mentioned list. But first, check what features you should look for in adjustable standing desks.
How to choose the best standing desk?
A suitable standing desk should fulfil all the requirements of a standard desk and add functionality. Here are some things to look for:
● Space: A standing desk should make the most of your space. Not only does it need to be wide and sturdy enough, but it also needs to have the vertical space required for height adjustment.
● Height: Standing desks have an upper and lower limit to adjust the height. Consider your height, and adjustable cable management should also be required if a computer is placed on the desk.
● Electric or manual: There are two types of adjustable standing desks – those that can be raised manually to different heights and locked in place and those that can be adjusted electronically using a control panel. Electronically adjustable desks cost more than manual desks because they are more comfortable.
List of Best Adjustable Standing Desk
FLEXISPOT EC1 Essential Adjustable Desk
This desk has an ample work surface measuring 48 x 30 inches. It has an electric mechanism to adjust its height at a rate of 1-inch per second. Its height can be adjusted from 28″ to 46.7″.
Also, Its minimalistic look makes your room beautiful. Furthermore, The mechanism never makes a sound above 50 dB when adjusting the height. The desk has an industrial design that can support a weight up to 154 lbs, which means it can handle all kinds of desktop setups.
FLEXISPOT EC1 Electric White Standing Desk
This adjustable standing desk has a wide top (48×30 inches) that can easily accommodate multiple monitors and equipment.
It has an industrial-grade steel frame that can support up to 154 lbs of equipment on its work surface. This is an environmentally friendly one-piece desk with electronic height adjustment at 1″ per second.
SHW Memory Preset Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk
This is another high-tech option. It has a digital display that can store 4 presets, which can hold different heights for different work settings according to the user.
Its work surface measures 48×24 inches. The fully motorized lift system can adjust its height from 28″ to 45″. Also, The desktop also includes a grommet for efficient cable management.
FEZIBO 55 x 24 Inches Standing Desk with Drawer
This desk offers a highly ergonomic experience. It can support up to 176 pounds. Electric motors control the braking system to adjust the desk’s height from 27.7 to 46.6 inches.
The 4-position memory function lifts quickly and conveniently. It also has a 15.7-inch wide by 3.15-inch high storage drawer. Furthermore, the FEZIBO team will help you if you need technical support.
Autonomous Edition Smart Hybrid Dual Motor Electric Standing Desk
The dimensions of this desk are 29″D x 53″W x 48″ H. It also includes a twin motor system that allows it to be adjusted in height from 28″ to 47″. The user may programme four different height options.
It is all white, with simple aesthetics and a clean tone. The frame is made up of stainless steel, while the worktop is engineered wood. In addition, It has rounded corners to avoid crowding or bumping when trying to sit down.
Fully Jarvis Standing Desk 48″ x 30″ Natural Bamboo Top
This desk features a naturally designed bamboo top for relaxing aesthetics. It also includes a powerful electric motor that can vary its height from 30″ to 49.3″.
It features a stainless steel frame that is black. It has steel desk legs (not aluminium), giving stability from side to side and front to rear.
Tangkula Rolling Standing Desk Stand-Up Desk with Dual Modes
This is a unique option with two different work surfaces. It can be adjusted from 26.5″ to 38.5″ with a knob to fix it at the most convenient height.
It has wheels on each corner at the bottom for easy movement to be used as a sitting or standing desk. Adjustment is manual, and two smaller workstations have a trolley look.
Techni Mobili Sit-to-Stand Rolling Adjustable Storage Medical Laptop Computer Cart
This adjustable cart-style workstation supports tilting and has an adjustable tabletop with a safety edge stop. Its height can be adjusted between 30.75 and 45.5 inches using two knobs.
It’s constructed from heavy-duty MDF panels with a moisture-resistant PVC laminate veneer in a chocolate finish.
Stand Steady X-Elite Pro
This is a desk converter that can be used to convert standard cubicles or seated desks into standing desks. At 40″ wide, this is one of the widest desk converters you can buy.
It can go up to 16.75″ high with manual adjustment. The maximum weight capacity is only 20 lbs as it is not designed to support computers and is only intended as an extension.
Benefits of Adjustable Standing Desk
● Reduced back pain: Sitting all day is bad for your neck and back. It causes lethargy, muscle sprains and aches. It can even lead to spinal damage. Standing while working, even intermittently, has been proven to be better for our backs and general physique.
● Increased productivity: Sitting all day causes lethargy and reduces productivity over time. Standing can rejuvenate and refresh the human mind through better circulation. Standing also promotes overall better movement and freshness of the body.
● Better mood and energy: The brain controls more muscles while standing, keeping them active. This makes people feel more energetic. Standing can also provide much-needed energy to get you through that last bit of work.
● Improved circulation and ergonomics: Sitting blocks many nerves and veins, leading to soreness, blood clots and other problems. Standing greatly improves posture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a standing desk good for you?
Standing desks have been shown to improve posture and circulation and have many other health benefits. However, to avoid unnecessary fatigue, a mix of sitting and standing is better for the work environment.
What are a standing desk and a sitting desk?
A standing desk is tall enough for people to work on while standing, while a sitting desk is designed to be used with a chair. Standing desks are often adjustable as both sitting and standing desks.
What types of standing desks are there?
Different standing desks include platform-based, cart-style desks for medical and other purposes, desk extensions, etc.
Standing desks are here to stay. Individuals appreciate standing desks because of workplace development and people paying more attention to their bodies. They provide productivity, a much-needed lift, and refreshment by allowing unrestricted mobility and circulation. These desks come in various forms, from low-cost manual versions to high-end electric options built to meet exacting requirements.